Thursday, May 31, 2012
Speedo
Before we moved into the house we are in now, we were warned about the third story neighbor (whose name happens to be Franz and who happens to have a very long, curly mustache). We were told that during the summer he enjoys laying out in his speedo (speedos are very popular in Europe)in the backyard. Well, we live on the first floor of a building (we have two more floors above us) and the backyard is divided into three parts. Franz's yard is right by the back door, which is the door we use because it is closest to our driveway.
So, anyway, Brandon and I come home from the store and as we drive up our driveway, Brandon give me a funny look and says, "He's out there, in his speedo." But, you see, not only is he in his speedo, the speedo is TYE-DYED. AND, he is siting right by the back door. I mean, talking about wanting to just laugh the loudest you ever wanted to laugh. Brandon and I felt like little kids trying to hide our giggles as we were unloading the groceries. Then, Brandon makes me go in FIRST. A.W.K.W.A.R.D. So, I put on try to put on a straight face and walk into the house, awkwardly saying, "Hi!". Just try to act normal, Amy. Don't laugh. Don't laugh. It was hilarious.
Well, a few hours later I go downstairs to the basement to do laundry. We have one of those dryers (which I am sure most of you have never seen) that requires you to empty out the water after it's full (It drys the clothes by spinning them, basically). So, not thinking, I go to the back door, open it, and BAM! That little piece of clothing is in my face. So, I try and hurry up and quickly go back inside laughing.
I'm not sure what it is about speedos...I guess we aren't used to seeing them as Americans and that's what makes it so funny. So, for those of you coming to visit this summer, you might get to take a look at Franz in his tye-dyed speedo trying to soak up some sun. :)
I couldn't get a good picture without falling out of the window, but it should do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, Amy, next time you should ask Franz to play monopoly with ya'll so he can "hang out" too. Too funny, Amy. I can't believe you hung out the window to get his pic!
ReplyDeleteYou live and exciting life.
Love,
Pam