I hope everyone has a wonderful day filled with a lot of love and I hope that love comes from all directions and all people. I love this holiday, mostly because it gives me an excuse to have a little more chocolate and a little more wine tonight!
Brandon and I had an excellent weekend. On Friday we just kind of hung out around the house. The weekdays are usually very long for Brandon, so all he really wants to do is just relax, which is fine by me. As long as we are hanging out together, that's all that matters to me. I am still so in love with this man and I still am learning new things about him, which I love.
This is what he got me for Valentine's Day this year....love him.
Two bottles of wine, two yankees candles, two DVDs, two of my favorite chocolates,a wine lovers book, and two cookbooks!
But, my favorite gift of all is the card he gave me. I love cards. Words of affirmation is definitely my love language, so cards are definitely my favorite. Tonight we will just be having dinner at home and hanging out at the house.
Anyway, back to our weekend. On Saturday we went to a dinner theater on post that was put on by MWR. It was so much fun. The theater arts organization on post put on a play called, "Almost Maine." It was HILARIOUS! If you ever hear about it and have the chance to go see it, you should. We were laughing our heads off the entire evening. The dinner was also yummy, and so was the dessert. For dessert we had cheesecake, but it was the kind my mom always used to make and it reminded me so much of those memories (Mommy, do you know what cheesecake I am talking about?-I want that receipe!). It was delicious!
Oh and back track to Friday. Brandon regularly puts events together for the unit and the one he put together for Valentine's Day was so much fun. Some of the events put on are also fundraisers for the unit to pay for unit balls, going away gifts, welcoming gifts, etc (this is seperate from FRG fundraising). Anyway, this event was a fundraiser. People were encouraged to bring a sweet item or baked good for the "Sweets Auction." People brought some amazing sweets!! I couldn't make sopapilla cheesecake because I had forgotten an ingredient, but I ended up making the Oreo Balls for the auction that I talked about in my last post. Anyway, Brandon ended up doing the auction. It was a lot of fun, especially with people bidding back and forth with each other. The highest bid was $130 for chocolate covered strawberries! Needless to say, it was a lot of fun and an awesome idea for a fundraiser. As far as FRG fundraising goes, we are still getting the actual FRG set up, so it will be a while before we can start fundraising. The next unit get together is a marriage retreat in Garmish, Germany. The chaplans sponsor this event and only 30 couples are allowed (25 are fully paid for, meaning their lodging, meals, child care, etc. are paid). Brandon and I will be going to this event (unpaid), so I am pretty excited about that. I love marriage retreats, especially when they are in the Bavarian Alps! ;)
I also took a sewing class on Saturday morning. We made placemats, and I think mine turned out pretty good. Although, I for some reason have trouble sewing a straight line. I have always had this problem when making crafts...I can't seem to cut a straight line either! Anyway, I am getting better and I am beginning to feel more and more comfortable with the sewing machine. Pretty soon, I might try to move up to the beginners quilting class.
Benson's bacterial infection is better, but now his allergies are acting up. I had to take him to the on post vet today because his mouth was irritated, he was loosing hair around his eyes, one of his paws was red, and his infection wasn't exactly "cleared up." What is wrong with my baby!! Boo. I hate that he feels so uncomfortable. This dry/freezing weather is not helping the situation at all, not to mention all the salt on the ground. Not good for dog paws, people! I was even surprised when I was walking up to the vet today....they had SALT on their sidewalk. WHAT? Why on earth wouldn't you use gravel instead?? Anyway, I was sent home AGAIN with more medication, special shampoo, and doggie wipes. The wipes are for their feet for when they come in from being outside on the snow/salt.
Well, I better get going. I am way behind today. I still need to call the IRS to get some number for the FRG. Don't ask. Too many regulations. We will get there. We will get there. After that, I need to finish up around the house and start on dinner. Thursday we have a hail and farewell to go to at the German restaurant down the street. Should be fun.
Have a wonderful love-filled day!
At the dinner theater
No comments:
Post a Comment