Monday, February 4, 2013
Since October...
I know, I know. It's been since October. Brandon and I have just been super busy since what seems like June of 2012 and the busines isn't going to stop anytime soon!
The last time I blogged I was around 22 weeks! I am now at 38 weeks +4. So much has happened since then. I think we are almost done with the nursery and have almost everything prepared at home. It's so neat to feel Jackson move around inside of me. The back aches, the super sore ribs, and sleepiness are all worth it to feel him move. Sometimes I think he will punch or kick his way out of my belly!
Unfortunately, our son is already a bit stubborn and does not want to turn head down. He has been breech since 30 weeks. I have been doing everything possible (putting headphones at the bottom of my uterus and playing music and doing several different yoga poses,among many other things), but nothing has seemed to help. I really had my hopes up at 35 weeks that he had turned, but he had not. I had a really hard time with the realization that I might have to have a c-section. I KNOW, I know how lucky and blessed I am to even be pregnant and to have a healthy baby boy, but it is still a disappointment and my feelings have been all over the place in the last 4 or so weeks. I wanted/want so badly to give birth to our son naturally. Part of me feels like I won't have "given birth" to him having a c-section. I'm not doing any of the work to help him come into the world (besides the 9 months of carrying him). The thought of having a major surgery has scared the crap out of me. I have never had surgery before and the only time I had some sort of pain relief put inside me for a procedure was when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. The recovery will be much more difficult and I won't be able to do as much after for a while. BUT, as SO many people have told me and reminded me, Jackson is healthy and our safety is what matters. And for those two things, I am VERY thankful, don't get me wrong. For future children, however, I definitely plan on finding a doc who will do a VBAC.
Anyway, my OB/GYN has scheduled a c-section for February 6!! That is in TWO days, y'all. TWO days. I have more or less accepted having a c-section and we are just so excited to meet him now! I will be 39 weeks at the time of his birth. I tried getting it scheduled closer to my due date (Valentine's Day), but they were all booked and the latest they had was this Wednesday. Anyway, Brandon and I are just beyond excited. We are ready to meet him. It's still hard to believe sometimes that he will be here so soon.
On a different note, since my last entry we have moved (thank goodness) to another house. The place we were living in before just wasn't ideal. We didn't have a lot of privacy and Benson had already been attacked by our neighbors' dog once and so we always had to be on the lookout for when their dog was outside. Anyway, we found a place super close to post. It is literally like a 2 minute drive to work for Brandon. The house we live in now is great and we are thankful for the move. The Germans in this village are super friendly and most of them can speak English!
After our move, my mom and my mom's friend Betty came to visit us. We had such a good time having them! We visited several Christmas markets, took a trip down to Garmisch, visited several German villages, and went to Prague for a few days. It was a wonderful time and I am always so happy when my momma comes to visit!
A few weeks later, one of my good friends, Breann, came to visit. We also did a lot of traveling to different Christmas markets and German villages, including Garmisch. It was so much fun seeing her and catching up.
Since then, Brandon and I have been busy getting ready for Jackson. Brandon is super busy at work and is trying to get a lot done before Jackson gets here! He is taking paternity leave and will be home with us for about 2 1/2 weeks. So thankful for that and for the fact that he is the cook in our family.
Words cannot express how stinking excited I am to meet our boy on Wednesday! I go in tomorrow (Tuesday) for some blood work and for another ultrasound to make sure he hasn't turned. I still have a little hope that maybe he has, but if not, that is ok. I am happy that we are full term and are both healthy. It is going to be one crazy/exciting/fun week! Can't wait to have him in my arms!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So happy for y'all. Miss you.
ReplyDelete